You might be wondering who'll be seated at this table and in front of the terminals tomorrow and Sunday? Here is the list of WDSF Adjuctors who will be scoring the performances with the Judging System 2.0 from the quarterfinals of the GrandSlam.
Since we had to compile information on this panel for the Eurosport commentators, we pass the little background we came up with - mostly by googling their names - to you as well.
While they have some of the best places in the house assigned to them, they have, for obvious reasons, their backs turned to the public-viewing screen.
- Erik Hento lives in Helsinki, FIN. He started in DanceSport in 1979. A seven-time Finnish Champion, he also participated in shows like “Strictly come Dancing” and “Burn the Floor.”
- Kim Mihyeun hails from Korea. He has been an Adjudicator since 2007.
- Melinda Hayes lives in Hornsby Westfield, AUS. She is a board member of DanceSport South Australia.
- Wenjuan Huang is from China. He officiated his first WDSF competition in 2010.
- Dmitry Timokhin, RUS, was successful Latin competitor through 2002, placing very high in World and European Cups.
- Nick Fok (Siau Kau) from Hong Kong judged his last GrandSlam in Chengdu, CHN, in July 2012.
- Stefano Fanasca, ITA, has been a WDSF Adjudicator since 2008. Before that, he was a successful competitor in Ten Dance.
- Florencio Garcia Lopez, GER, is a DanceSport lecturer and choreographer. He judged his last GrandSlam in Antwerp, BEL, last year.
- Tetsuya Sakurada hails from Japan. Until the mid 1990s, he was a competitor himself.
- Peter Chen is from Taipei, TPE. He was a competitor through 2003 and gained his first experience in adjudicating GrandSlam competitions in Seoul, KOR, back in 2011.
- Ton Greten is from the Netherlands, a former competitor and currently trains a Latin formation team in Aachen, GER.
- Marco Sietas is from Barcelona, ESP, and works as Sports Director of the World DanceSport Federation. He is the driving force behind the adoption of the new judging system, a.k.a. System 2.0, and of the overall GrandSlam format. For the Hong Kong GrandSlams, he acts as the Chairman of Adjudicators.