You could hardly hear the music as the couples passed the full main tribunes during group dances one by one. The crowd was so loud, and respected and appreciated the finalists as hard as they could.
After the third dance the differences in scores started to show, after the fourth dance it was almost obvious, but it was the last dance, the solo Viennese Waltz, which made it clear. Dmitry Zharkov and Olga Kulikova representing Russian Federation would take home the fourth World title in a row, making history in Standard dancing. As the results for their last solo dance were shown, Dmitry took Olga and carried her off the floor.
The final results:
1. Dmitry Zharkov - Olga Kulikova, RUS
2. Evaldas Sodeika - Ieva Zukauskaite, LTU
3. Francesco Galuppo - Debora Pacini, ITA
4. Evgeny Moshenin - Dana Spitsyna, RUS
5. Vaidotas Lacitis - Veronika Golodneva, LTU
6. Anton Skuratov - Alena Uehlin, GER
Congratulations! And thank you for such an exciting and wonderful competition and evening!