The WDSF IT infrastructure is designed to provide DanceSport related services to the public.
Its main components are:
- WDSF database, here we store all our information.
It's a secured server where all personal data is encrypted to avoid privacy issues should the server be compromised.
- WDSF API, this service provides DanceSport related information in a machine readable format. It's used to transmit competition results and general information about athletes, couples and teams.
Common users are :
- Competition organizers
- Member bodies
- 3rd party websites
- WDSF website. It's what you are looking at right now.
It's used by:
- Athletes, to update their profile page.
- Couples to register themselves at WDSF competitions (see the
WDSF CRS section for more details).
- National administrators, to manage their athletes, couples and teams.
More information about each item can be found in the submenus of this section.