Why do I need a WDSF Athlete's ID Card?
As the holder of the WDSF Athlete's ID Card you will
- be able to register at WDSF competitions without having to show any identification
- not have to sign the Anti-Doping form at every competition
- have your name written correctly in the results
- have your WDSF World Ranking List points assigned correctly
What do I need to prepare before applying?
Prior to completing the application form make sure you know your MIN. The MIN (Member ID Number) identifies you as an athlete in the WDSF competition system. You can find
your MIN on the WDSF website at http://www.worlddancesport.org/Athlete/List
If you are 100% sure that you are not registered at the WDSF with a MIN you can apply for it during the ID Card registration process.
How to apply?
You apply for your WDSF ID Card by filling in a secure online form on the WDSF website under https://www.worlddancesport.org/Cards
Once you completed the application form, please proceed as follows.
- Download the filled in form as a printable PDF.
- Print the form.
- Sign the printed form at the areas designated on page one and two.
- If you have not yet reached the age af majority - as it is defined by the laws of your country - have your parent or legal guardian sign the form at the area designated on page two.
- Provide a photocopy of your passport or your national identity card. If you have not yet reached the age af majority, also provide a photocopy of your parent's or legal guardian's passport or national idenity card.
- Provide two (2) passport pictures of 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm (1.78" x 1.38") in size.
- Add four (4) Euros or the equivalent in your national currency to the envelope. Should the National WDSF Member Body in your country decide on a different procedure for payment, please follow its instructions.
- Send the filled in and printed application form together with the photocopies, the passport pictures and the money to the address of the WDSF National Member Body in your country. The addresses of all National Member Bodies are shown on the WDSF website
The WDSF ID Card online application form provides additional information to assist you. Move your mouse over the “WHY?” text and you will find out more details about the information that is asked of you.
When will I receive my WDSF ID Card?
The time from the application for your ID Card until you have it in your hands can take up to three months. Please apply now so you are ready to go once the
WDSF ID Card will be mandatory from 31 March 2013!