The Developmement Commission aims to develop and popularize various dance forms among National Member Bodies and promote dance as a sport for everyone, two-way athletic career, training cycles adapted to particular age group and the development of academic
sport integration of WDSF DanceSport family.
- Promote the idea of teaching different dance forms among children, youths, academic students, adults and seniors. Development of a long-term development plan for a two-way career.
- Development of tasks for a two-way career, which will help athletes to develop their sports career and enable them to study or work at the same time.
- Cooperation with higher education institutions in the field of scientific research dedicated to DanceSport
- Development of cooperation with national academic associations through National Member Bodies and European/World academic association
- organization of the WDSF Dance Congress addressed to: dancers, trainers, judges, activists and managers of DanceSport and other disciplines-a scientific conference devoted to sports medicine with a special focus on DanceSport
- award system for dancers, trainers, activists or events promoting DanceSport (eg. medal/badge for merits for WDSF)
- development of regional cooperation between NMBs, taking into account geographic, social and financial conditions
- Antoni Czyzyk, POL (Chair)
- Nadezhda Erastova, RUS (Deputy Chair)
- Lena Arvidsson, SWE
- Ashli Williamson, DEN
- Magdalena Czarnocka-Kaptur, POL
- Gordon Gilkes, AUS